Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mr. Fifty Shades of Grey

If you haven't heard about the novel "Fifty Shades of Grey" you might be living under a rock. It's the best-selling erotic novel (actually a trilogy) that every women's book club in America has read--and it's very naughty.

The book is written by a woman (EL James). Her husband has a book coming out too, but as you might imagine, everyone that interviews him isn't asking him about that. They just want to know if he and his wife have the kinky and adventurous sex life that the characters in "Fifty Shades of Grey" have. Is he anything at all like the seductive billionaire who turns a college student into his sex slave?

His answer is here.

By the way, this is the reason that there are no sex scenes in my books, and never will be. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would make the real people in my life feel. Although I'm fairly certain no one would ask me if my seductive billionaire character is based on me.