Thursday, February 14, 2013

Robert Kruchten

I went to a wake last night for the father of a friend of mine. Father and son shared the name Robert Kruchten. A few years ago I videotaped Bob (the son) talking about his dad and his love of the Cubs. I got two great stories, including this one...



The license plate will remain in the family.

A few years after I recorded that video I got a call from ESPN. They were doing a special pre-game show for the Cubs-Yankees series at Wrigley and needed to find three generations of Cubs fans. I immediately thought of Bob. They used Robert Sr., Robert Jr. and Bob's son Paul in the special. I looked for the video of that today to pay tribute to Robert Sr. but couldn't find it. If I can track it down, I'll post it.

Robert Kruchten is being laid to rest this morning.

May he rest in peace.