Friday, January 17, 2014

Sad Day for Sitcom Fans

I'm going to admit something that I don't like to admit. I spent a huuuuuuuuuuge chunk of my childhood parked right in front of the television set watching classic sitcoms like "Gilligan's Island" and "The Partridge Family". I think I've seen every single episode of both shows. I know that doesn't reflect well on my character, but I am who I am.

I got very bummed out last night when I saw these two stories...

The professor from Gilligan's Island, Russell Johnson, has passed away.
I always thought he got a raw deal in the original theme song..."With Gilligan, the skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, and the rest are here on Gilligan's Isle." "Rest" in peace, Professor.

AND

Dave Madden, Reuben Kincaid on the Partridge Family, also passed away.
I remember Danny Bonaduce telling me that Reuben got Danny his first cigarettes (or was it pot? I can't remember anymore). I didn't want to hear the story. I had an idea of what those people were like and I didn't want it ruined.

I feel like a little part of childhood is gone now too.

Sad to hear the news.