Friday, September 26, 2014

Jim Peterik Interview

I was a big fan of Jim Peterik even before I met him. The leader of the Ides of March ("Vehicle") and Survivor ("Eye of the Tiger") is a local guy, and an absolute gentleman. During my producing days I called him many times to book him, and he always agreed to do it--no matter the time or place. And when he arrived at the studio with his guitar in hand (as early as 6:30am with Landecker's show), he was always in good spirits and was a true professional.

I hadn't seen him for years when I ran into him at a concert at the Rosemont Theatre a year or so ago. I didn't think he'd remember me, but as I went up to shake his hand he said: "Rick! Long time, no see!"

Jim has written his autobiography, which is now out. This interview with the Naperville Sun makes me want to run out and buy it.