Thursday, July 16, 2015

Another PD Opening in Chicago

See below about WLS-FM. The same is true of WSHE-FM (100.3 FM) now too. Marty Bender resigned yesterday. From today's RAMP Newsletter...

Citing serious several family concerns, Marty Bender announced he is stepping down from his PD post at Hubbard Radio's WSHE/Chicago. He has agreed to remain in place until a replacement is found, and will then be retained in an advisory role. In an emotional staff memo, Bendermentioned the recent death of his brother and some pressing health concerns facing his parents. "A day does not go by when I don't wake up and wonder if I'm in the right place, for the right reasons," he wrote. "At this time, the right decision for me is to step aside from my day-to-day programming duties at SHE and attend to all of the above, along with the corresponding legal issues that seem to never let up." He added, "This is a very tough decision for me, because of my attachment and belief in SHE and all that this station is quickly becoming." In closing, Bender said, "This transition could have only happened with the blessing and corporate care that is the entire Hubbard family."