Wednesday, June 01, 2016

As the Sumner Turns

I know a few of you think I'm a little uncharitable in calling Sumner Redstone's life a soap opera. Oh yeah? Well, you know who agrees with me? The makers of actual soap operas. From this morning's Tom Taylor column...

Sumner Redstone’s ex- may appear on a “Real Housewives” show. How low can this saga of a media mogul laid low by physical (and perhaps other) disability go? The Wall Street Journal says Sumner’s ex-girlfriend Sydney Holland “may join the cast of “Real Housewives” – the one set in Beverly Hills. She’s got the money to play in that realm, even though she’s no longer welcome at Sumner’s Beverly Park mansion. Vanity Fair says the controlling shareholder of CBS and Viacom cast her out when he learned of her relationship with an actor named George Pilgrim. That and the years when Holland was the recipient of large amounts of cash and many gifts from Sumner should equip her for “Real Housewives,” all right.

I rest my case.