Friday, July 15, 2016

Steven Tyler Worried About Joe Perry

Last week Joe Perry collapsed on stage during a concert (not with Aerosmith), and the word has been that he is recovering nicely. If he is, however, he hasn't bothered returning calls to Steven Tyler, which has the Aerosmith lead singer a little worried. From UltimateClassicRock.com...

“I know they’re putting out nothing but ‘he’s recovering, he’s really good, he fainted, exhaustion,'” Tyler added. “But I know my brother. He’s just about the only other guy that’s as passionate about his art as I am. He’s always asking me to do three, four [Aerosmith] shows in a row, and I can’t. I’ll blow my voice out. I know how to maintain my career, my health, and Joe’s passionate. I don’t think he knows how to. I think he’s out there and someone’s overbooking him. They’re doing like eight or nine shows in a row, or five in a row. I think they’re all a little burnt. I think they may need to look at that. Not young anymore, y’know?”

We know, Steven. We know.

By the way, even I know that Joe not returning calls to Steven doesn't necessarily mean anything. They sometimes go years without speaking to each other.