Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Another Roger Ailes Accuser

This accuser is one of the most respected producers in the business, and she thought it had only happened to her. Shelley Ross wrote about it in the Daily Beast. She was a segment producer at NBC when it occurred, and he was her potential boss...

“When did you first discover you were sexy?” Roger began. My head suddenly dropped like a marionette and I could no longer make eye contact.

I could only manage to stare at my feet as I answered, “I am finding this conversation very embarrassing.”

I thought and hoped that would be it. He sent his signal. I sent mine back, I believed clear enough but allowing for no hurt feelings or bruised ego. Maybe he would try one more line—then, incident over.
 But that’s not what happened.

Roger was very persistent as he continued to explain how much he believed in loyalty and how much he believed the best expression of that loyalty comes in the form of a “sexual alliance.”

This was not a romantic or flirtatious conversation.