Friday, August 12, 2016
Around the Publishing World (August 12)
1. Writing tips from....Charles Darwin?
He didn't exactly write tips for fellow writers, but examining how he wrote is quite illuminating.
2. Eight writing tips from Ernest Hemingway
These are actual writer-to-writer tips from Poppy. I've used at least one of these tips since I began writing full time about fifteen years ago.
3. Five writing tips from author Donald Ray Pollock
Pollock's tips are really more for getting the idea flow going.
4. Writing tips from author Tim Lebbon
Some of these tips are a little on the "duh" side ("Work hard"), but they are still worth a read.
5. Five tips from literary agent Carly Watters
These aren't writing tips as much as they are pitching tips. If you still want to go the traditional publishing route, it's worth a read.
6. Ten tips for finding inspiration when you don't feel like writing
Always useful to keep an article like this lying around. There will come a time when you need it.
7. In Small Boxes Launch Party
We had a great launch party for the latest Eckhartz Press book, In Small Boxes, this week. If you'd like to see some photos, click on the link.