Friday, August 12, 2016

Paul McCartney in Rolling Stone


Great interview with Paul McCartney in the latest issue of Rolling Stone.

I don't know how he does it, but he manages to find new stories to tell in every interview--even though he might be the most interviewed person in history.

Here's my favorite part, and the reason why I'll never approach him if I happen to see him in a restaurant...

You would get fans who'd want something and you'd go, "No, I'm sorry. I'm eating dinner. You've got to go away." They'd go, "Well, we buy your records." We said, "Stop buying them, if that's the trade-off." We were always like that, Ringo more than anyone. They would come to his house, and he'd go, "Fuck off" and slam the door. He would not have any of it. You have to draw the line. Or your sanity goes.