Thursday, September 08, 2016

At WGN Radio with Bobby Skafish

Had a great time yesterday afternoon at WGN Radio with Bobby Skafish. He was there to promote his new Eckhartz Press book We Have Company: 40 Years of Rock and Roll Encounters.

The hosts of the show were Bill Leff and Wendy Snyder. Wendy and Bobby (and I) are old friends going back to the Loop days in the late 80s, but Bill met Bobby for the first time yesterday. I got a big kick out of what he said to Bobby when he met him: "It's so weird hearing that voice coming out of a human head!" I had the same reaction to meeting Bobby in 1987. I had been a big fan of his before that, and it did take a little while to get used to speaking to the actual guy.

Skafish did a tremendous job during the interview. You can listen to it here.

I didn't realize at the time that WGN was live streaming. You could have also watched it while it was happening. Tony Lossano sent me some screen grabs during the show. If you look in the upper right corner, you can see me in the background snapping some pictures.



Here are the pictures I was snapping...