Wednesday, October 03, 2012

OJ Acquittal Anniversary

It happened on this day in 1995, and if you weren't around at the time, you have no idea how huge this story was. Every single person in the country tuned in to the trial at some point. It was the biggest topic of discussion for over a year. And we were all watching the day the acquittal was announced.

Bridget was pregnant with Tommy. I remember thinking--"I wonder if my unborn child will hear about this years from now and wonder what all the excitement was about." The answer to that question is...yes.

I remember watching the expression on Johnny Cochran's face when the foreman said "not guilty". It wasn't an "Oh boy we win!" expression. It was more of a "Oh boy, what have I done?" expression.

ABC News has a "Where Are They Now?" story about the memorable cast of characters from that trial.