Monday, April 08, 2013

Making the Rounds in NW Indiana with John Records Landecker

On Saturday morning I rounded up the boys (my two oldest sons...Tommy & Johnny and my co-publisher David Stern), and headed out to Top Dog in Michigan City Indiana for a live broadcast/book signing with John Records Landecker on WEFM 95.9.

The host of the show was "Uncle Lou" Weber, along with David Dabagia and Mike Dempsey, and we had a great time discussing the book. The three hour broadcast touched on many of the good stories in the book, but I think my favorite moment happened when John told the story of the John Travolta-Woodfield Mall mayhem. When he finished telling his really great story with the line "I've never been to a Beatles concert, but I can only imagine that's what it sounded like," Uncle Lou casually mentioned that he had worked security for a Beatles concert in Chicago.

"I had to throw McCartney into a car to get him away from the screaming girls," Lou said. "And McCartney was upset because I broke a button on his coat. I said 'If you don't get into the car right now, I'll break a lot more than that."

Maybe we should be doing an Uncle Lou book.



(More photos at the Eckhartz Press blog)

On Sunday we were scheduled to appear at Bartlett's Gourmet Bar and Grill, but unfortunately, John got sick overnight and couldn't make it. He has a pretty severe case of bronchotis, and a high fever. I still showed up to break the bad news to the people who came out to meet him (and there were many), and to let them know that the event has been rescheduled for April 28th.

Thanks to everyone for being so understanding--especially the owner of Bartlett's (Gary), and the people from Shore Magazine (including Pat Colander) who came out to cover the event.

We had a big get-well card that everyone signed for John.

He has to cancel a few of his interviews this week as well, but he should be ready to go again in a few days.