Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Robert Feder moving on?

It looks like the Time Out Chicago sale is forcing Robert Feder to move on. From Tom Taylor's NOW newsletter this morning...



"Robert Feder has covered Chicago radio, TV and other media for three decades, starting when his desk at the Sun-Times was located just outside the office of Pulitzer Prize-winning movie critic Roger Ebert. He says in those days, Ebert (R.I.P.) called him "Scoop." Now Feder (pronounced “feeder”) says “with the sale of TimeOut Chicago, I have agreed to accept a buyout of my contract.” He’s not ready to take a permanent job at DisneyWorld, though - “I am eager to continue my work and I expect to make an announcement soon.” That was his posting on Facebook, and you can also follow the Windy City media savant on Twitter."

Whenever and wherever he turns up next, Chicago media figures will read him again. I wish him the best.