Friday, November 01, 2013

Barsky Update

Former Chicago morning man Paul Barsky continues to recover from his serious injuries. He posted last night on his facebook page...

Hello everyone.. here's quick update on my recovery ....One more week to go and I'm out of this hard cervical collar, then over to a soft collar for 2 more weeks, then FREEDOM !

BTW, tonight I was handing out Halloween candy with my giant cervical collar on , and most of these kids didn't know what to make of it. When I asked one of the little tykes what he was he said "a ninja warrior ". He looked at my collar then asked me, "who are you ?" And I replied " I'm a guy who was driving one day in March of this year ,when out of nowhere BAM, I was blind sided by a van, ended up with a crushed spinal cord and had to have cervical spine surgery ".... after 5 seconds or so of no reaction, he just turned and walked away. Realizing that I may have gotten a bit too descriptive and probably took his inquiry the wrong way, as he headed down the driveway I shouted in my best super hero voice... " I'm Neck Braceman !" Looking back I think that would have been a better answer to his original question.

Clearly, being holed up in the house away from my radio show for the past 10 weeks ....has taken a toll.