Tuesday, April 01, 2014

RIP Marvin Gaye

He died 30 years ago today. From Bob Dearborn's The Olde Disc Jockey's Almanac...

April 1, 1984…Singer (You're All I Need To Get By, Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing, If I Could Build My Whole World Around You, Your Precious Love, and Ain't No Mountain High Enough w/ Tammi Terrell, It Takes Two w/ Kim Weston, Sexual Healing, Got To Give It Up, Let's Get It On, Trouble Man, Inner City Blues, Mercy Mercy Me, What's Going On, That's The Way Love Is, Too Busy Thinking About My Baby, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Ain't That Peculiar, I'll Be Doggone, How Sweet It Is, Pride And Joy)/songwriter/musician Marvin Gaye was shot to death at age 44 by his father following an argument. Marvin, Sr. received probation after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter.

He was obviously a troubled man, but he was one of the all-time greats...