Thursday, April 03, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday. David Stern and I did a radio show together in Champaign-Urbana back in 1985, and we thought it would be fun to run for U of I Homecoming King and Queen as the anti-candidates. (Dave was chosen for queen because he had the mustache.) We couldn't get on the ballot, so we took out this ad in the newspaper to get write in votes. We got some votes too...even though Dave and I didn't bother to vote ourselves...



LATE UPDATE: I had forgotten all about this, but Dave posted this on Facebook: My good friend, Rick Kaempfer has failed to remember a couple of key points. First, I was pegged as the queen because I was visiting my mom and he placed the ad in the D.I. Second, we got over 300 votes and should have been included in the royal court. but the Panhellenic Council pitched a fit. We were ahead of the curve with our support of gay marriage.