Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Preview of the Cubs Convention

Jesse Rogers has a preview of what fans can expect to see and hear at this weekend's Cubs Convention.

For the 30th year in a row, I will not be in attendance. A lot of my Cubs friends like to attend this event, but it has never appealed to me for some reason. I figure I give them enough of my money during the season. Speaking of that, just sent in my money for season tickets. I have a 1/9th share (2 tickets for 9 games), and my share was over $1500. Ouch.

These last few years I seriously contemplated giving my tickets up--but after being a season ticket holder for almost twenty years--and having moved up to some pretty good seats now--it would have killed me when they actually started winning. At least this year my hand didn't shake when I wrote the check. I'm looking forward to this season for the first time in several years.

Video: Jorge Soler's batting practice