Thursday, November 19, 2015

Biondi Moves To Weekends

Dick Biondi's fans have long been frustrated that Dick is on the air at such a late hour. Well, beginning this weekend, that is going to change. From Chicagoland Radio & Media...

While the move to weekend mornings appears to be a demotion, and it certainly is in terms of dramatically less on-air hours, this is a move that Biondi welcomes. The change will allow him to have more normal hours which are better for a man of his age.

Said Biondi to his fans tonight: "I'm going to miss you, but I've got to take this opportunity to have some fun in a morning. Thank you all..."

Starting this weekend, Biondi's new hours will be Saturdays from 6:00am-10:00am and Sundays from 7:00am-10:00am. Unlike some weekend shifts on WLS-FM which are voice-tracked, Biondi will be doing his shows live from the WLS-FM studios.
I'm happy for Dick. He has slowed down a little, but at the age of 83, he's still a dynamo. Honestly, I wish I had his energy level and I'm 30 years younger.