Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Help Me Help Caleb

I've previously written about my cousin's (nearly) 3-year-old son Caleb (shown here with his big brother) and his struggle with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma cancer. The little guy has had a rough go of it, but we recently got some good news. The BTB Foundation, a wonderful organization that supports families fighting cancer, has chosen Caleb as one of the recipients of their big fundraising event this year--a golf outing and dinner on May 20. This is where I need your help. We are looking for donations of prizes for the silent auction, and golfers for the golf outing (White Pines in Bensenville). If you're interested/willing to help for either one, please drop me a line at amishrick@yahoo.com. I've been asked to be the champion for Caleb and his family, and I'd like to do whatever I can to help. I've already acquired a bunch of pretty good prizes (A Hawks & Cubs jersey--tickets to James Taylor & Jackson Browne) and recruited a few buddies to golf, but I need more help. Thanks in advance for your kindness.