Thursday, February 09, 2017

Pizza Wedding Registry?

I had to re-read this headline a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly: Domino’s Now Offers a Pizza-Themed Wedding Registry. From Fortune Magazine...

The fast food chain is now offering a wedding registry "for couples who prefer delicious melty cheese to crystal gravy boats." Gift givers can sponsor anything from the bachelorette party ("Dance like somebody ordered pizza," $60) to the "Post-Honeymoon Adjustment to Real Life" ("Because washing dishes is the worst," $25)."We hear often from customers that Domino's was a part of their big day, from proposals to after-hours meals at their wedding," a spokesperson said in a statement. "We wanted to make it easier for people to ask for and receive something that they'll really use."

Been to hundreds of weddings in my life. Never saw a single Domino's pizza.

Maybe I really don't know America after all. That would help explain a lot of things to me.