Monday, February 06, 2017

Reviews

Someone told me at a meeting on Friday night that they noticed the reviews for my books are really strong on amazon. I make a point of not reading them because one bad review can send even the strongest psyche reeling. (That's advice I give to all my authors too, by the way). But tragedy plus time equals comedy, which makes it a little easier, so I decided to check out the reviews for a few of my oldest books. The lady at the meeting was right...

The Living Wills came out in 2011, and here are a few of the most recent reviews...



5.0 out of 5 stars
Riviting Storytelling
By Garrett Terhune
I always have many books going at the same time. That being the case, it usually takes me a long time to finish a book. Not so with this one. I could not put this book down. Fabulous! I was sorry when it ended. True entertainment! It was a book where I truly cared for all of the main characters. There were parts of the book that made me laugh out loud. There were other parts that choked me up. A wonderful story where in the beginning you've wondering how it's going to all tie together. Don't worry, it all comes together beautifully. This one would make a terrific movie! Great job Rick and Brendan!

5.0 out of 5 stars
Fresh look at life's interconnectivity...
By Raymond J. Kopcinski, Sr.
Extremely CREATIVE story line generation tool that yielded a very plausible plot and sympathetic and believable characters. Human lives truly are interconnected in ways we may not even imagine, as the book described. The "2 Second Decision" concept was truly eye opening and hard to disprove and goes a long way in explaining how complicated results are often caused by very simple initial decisions that totally change the trajectory of our lives. The ending tugged on the emotions in an honest and non-manipulative way. Thoroughly enjoyed the journey and hope a second book is in the offing.

5.0 out of 5 stars
An awesome journey
By Albert P. Hammanon
Take this adventure! Based in improv technique, this is an exploration of all the good and bad that people and life have to offer. Every page is a discovery, with rich layer upon rich layer in character, and story line. And you'll be blown away at how all the threads of this intricate fabric come together. Don't peek ahead!

The Radio Producer's Handbook came out twelve years ago! Haven't looked at these reviews in many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars
No radio station should be without it.
By Arnold Kelly
Someone called it "the Radio Producer's Bible" I think I now understand why. Not just for producers but for on-air talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars
Outstanding How-To book for anyone interested in Radio as a career
By MRQPON
My organization was given the opportunity to buy a full hour of every Saturday afternoon time on a powerful and highly regarded radio station. My personal experience in talk radio programming was 15 years ago. So, I searched for books on talk radio program production and found nothing interesting but this book. Perhaps it sits alone on the shelf because present day producers are not interested in spreading the word and the resulting competition.THIS BOOK IS OUTSTANDING! The authors have more than two decades of experience as producers of talk and phone-in programs. It was a fabulous way for me to update my experience (even though the book is a few years old, the information is very timely). I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning how producers help to keep show hosts in the-know and out of trouble and anyone interested in a career in radio.

The Radio Producer's Handbook, by the way, is still my best selling book by far. At one time it was being used in 65 colleges and universities. I still get royalty checks every six months. Hard to believe.