Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Farneda Removes "Interim" Label

From Radio Online...

CBS Radio Chicago appoints John Farneda as Music Director for AAA WXRT-FM. He's held MD duties on an interim basis since early April. This marks a return to the station for Farneda who previously held the MD post at XRT for more than 13 years from 2001-2014. He was promoted to Assistant Program Director/MD in 2001. He later added Operations Director duties beofre leaving the station in 2014.

Farneda will report to WXRT OM/PD Greg Solk who commented, "Christmas has come early to WXRT. John's rich history here and his unequalled knowledge of the Chicago rock market make him the perfect programming partner. John is WXRT."

"I'm very fortunate to rejoin my beloved colleagues at WXRT," stated Farneda. "I'm extremely excited to finally have the opportunity to work with Greg Solk. He's a proven winner and I'm looking forward to working closely with him to steer WXRT to a new level of programming excellence."

By the way, on a semi-related note, Farneda's name will be cropping up in my next Illinois Entertainer column on June 1st. I interviewed WXRT's Ryan Arnold.