Tuesday, January 10, 2006

How to Contribute: Q & A

I've been getting quite a few questions about how to contribute to the blog, so I thought I would answer them here for all to see.



Q: Why doesn't my comment show up immediately on the blog?
--P

A: I have this blog set up a little differently than some other blogs you might have seen. The comments all go directly to my e-mail. I see every one of them, but I'm not publishing them in the comments section. Instead I accumulate them and put them out in seperate posts (where more people will read them). I'll have one later today about Suburban Man.


Q: Where do I click to send a response?
--C

A: You can either click the comments link below each post (again, note above why the number next to comments will always say zero), or click the e-mail link on the right. I see every comment sent either way.


Q: I have a few friends that want to be included in your regular e-mail blog update list. Where should I send their e-mail addresses?
--P

A: See the answer to above question. Same thing. I'm happy to add anyone who wants to be added to the list.



Q: I only received one e-mail update on Monday but nothing for the rest of the week. Why is that?
--F

A: I only send out an e-mail update once a week (so I don't become too much of a pest). Check out what is coming for the week on Monday (I tease the whole week on Monday), bookmark the site, and then come back on the days you think there might be something of interest.


Q: Do you take requests?
--B

A: Sure. If you have a bald subject you'd like Dave & I to address in the Bald Minute, or you have something from my archives you'd like to see, by all means, send in your request. If I have it, I'll post it.


Q: For your Jokes segment on Mondays, do the jokes have to be clean?
--H

A: Yes, please. This is a family-friendly site. Don't look at me that way. "Clean Jokes" is not an oxymoron.




Thanks for all your questions and comments. Keep 'em coming. I greatly appreciate them.