Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Musings


Every Monday stop by for jokes, links to stories you might have missed, amusing photos and video, and more. Contributions and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Click on the "Email Me" link on the right to contribute.



Joke of the Week: Contributed by "B". It's slightly naughty, but I got a kick out of it.
























Stories you might have missed

1. Orin Hatch writes a song honoring Ted Kennedy
(I'm not making a joke. He really did. If this is possible...is it really crazy to think this is the Cubs year?)

2. A new celebrity mugshot: Andy Dick
(He looks like a scary child molester in this photo...and ironically, he is charged with sexual battery against a 17-year-old girl)

3. Photos of famous people on bikes
(I guess everyone is feeling the pinch of gas prices)

4. Indiana Cop wrecks his car only 29 minutes into first day on the job
(But for 28 minutes, he was one of the best)

5. Women arrested for participating in a sex competition
(This happened on a Greek island, but sadly not the isle of Lesbos)


Video of the week: The new Jib Jab campaign song. It's pretty funny.

Send a JibJab Sendables® eCard Today!




Photo of the week: Contributed by "N". "Worst Test Ever."
























READER RESPONSE




Regarding "$everance"

"Hey Rick, I just saw a really nice review of your book $everance. I don't know if you saw this or not. Here's the link: http://www.productionninja.com/index.php/2008/07/17/everance/"
--J

Rick responds: Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding Suburban Man: "More proof of global warming"

"Well I'm a (former) scientist AND I had to take my son to the emergency room in the last two weeks (seems like 6998...) with a broken arm. I can officially confirm that this is shaping up to be the longest summer ever. Amen."
--K

"So I take it the Fight Board isn't working this summer? Hang in there!"
--P

"So, Fight Board isn't working this year, I take it? Greatest commercial EVER. The Staples ad where the father is literally skipping down the school supplies aisle to the tune of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," as his two kids mope behind him, looking miserable. Dad waves pencils and post-its in their faces and tosses them into the cart with unabashed glee as the voice over proclaims "THEY'RE GOING BAAAACK!" I don't know if Staples realizes the sheer brilliance of that commercial. Or the accuracy. Oh look. It's been immortalized on You Tube. I knew they wouldn't let me down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIIMbG9R4w

In the meantime, stock up on your favorite beverage to get you through the rest of the summer. Preferably one that you have to be over 21 to purchase."
--A

Rick responds: Love that commercial, and no...sadly, Fight Board isn't working this summer. They are fighting less, but when they fight they really get their licks in now. I'm working on making alterations for the future.