Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday Musings


Every Monday stop by for jokes, links to stories you might have missed, amusing photos and video, and more. Contributions and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Click on the "Email Me" link on the right to contribute.



Joke of the Week: Contributed by "T"



THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Innovative
2. Preliminary
3. Proliferation
4. Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Specificity
2. Anti-constitutionalistically
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
4. Tran substantiate

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. No thanks, I'm married.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.
4. Kebab? No thanks, I'm not hungry.
5. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
6. Oh, I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
7. I'm not interested in fighting you.
8. Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
9. Where is the nearest bathroom? I refuse to urinate in this parking lot or on the side of the road.
10. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning.




Stories you might have missed


1. McCain staff accidentally uses Walter Reed middle school as backdrop
(They can't explain why either, although many speculate they simply goofed and thought it was image of Walter Reed hospital. Seriously...these guys want to run the country?)

2. Rock stars tell GOP to stop using their music
(Among the stars: Jackson Browne. The Republicans were actually using his song "Running on Empty." Seems appropriate to me.)

3. Man in wheelchair robs 7/11 of condoms
(Apparently he still has some movement in his lower extremities)

4. What does your taste in music say about you?
(Mine says that I'm rebellious. It's a fun little article.)

5. RIP Don LaFontaine
(The greatest voice over guy of all-time. He was the voice of the Loop-FM for a year or two in the early 90s.)


Video of the week: This is called "John McCain's wandering eyes." "P" thought it was funny, and so do I.







Photo of the week: Contributed by "B & S". Found in Venice, California.