Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Suburban Man

If you came to the blog today looking for Suburban Man, this is just one last reminder that the column is now called "Father Knows Nothing" and it's posted at the NWI Parent blog every Sunday.

This week's column "Fat Pants" has gotten quite a bit of reaction from my female readers who seem to be happy to welcome me into the fat pants club...

Anita writes: "Ahhh, the suit has been moved to the "I Have a Dream" section of your closet. That's the same section (in the dark recesses) of my closet that my size 6 & 8 jeans reside, waiting for the day "when I can wear them again."

Barb writes: "Welcome to every women's problem! The fat pants....at least guys can do the dunlap! You know when your belly dun laps over your belt!"

Kim writes: "My 6 & 8's have grown tired of the wait. And if I wait a few more years, they just may come back into style again. Seriously, wearing something 100 times is just too much. I bet your wife was ever so glad those pants were a bit snug."

Karen writes: "You need the basic wardrobe - black pants up a size and down a size."

ML writes: "It's not just you, Rick... Skinny ol' me is not so skinny anymore... Last summer (when I was at my heaviest) I was leaving a convenience store in a bad section of Tampa when a crackhead going in stopped in said, "DAYUM! You got the finest booty I EVER seen on a white girl!" I laughed, then fled. One more moment for my Hall of Shame!"