Monday, July 27, 2009

E-mails, we get e-mails...

I have to say, I'm beyond touched by this e-mail. It's from the people that gave Sean and I the great seats at the Cubs game on Friday. (If you missed it, I wrote about it in this weekend's Father Knows Nothing column.) I sent them the column via e-mail as an additional thank you, and this is how they responded...

"Good morning Rick,

I think that Cheryl and I were the real winners Friday. How can you beat helping a cute little fella like Sean in having his best day ever? Friday is what life is all about. Kids having fun and a special day with their dad. Sean won't remember the score or many of the details of the game, but he will always remember who shared his special day with him. Congratulations on being a wonderful parent, a very nice and appreciactive guy and a fabulous writer! Your article was great, and I would be thrilled to read your book. That is very generous of you. Thank you. I'm glad that we got to share a great game and some time with you and Sean. People like you help remind me what is still truly good in a hectic world today. Thanks again for for sharing a lot of smiles with us! Karma really is a beautiful thing!

Tell Sean we say hi!

Brian and Cheryl"