Thursday, August 26, 2010

E-mails, we get e-mails

"BP" writes in with his take on my take on the Rolling Stone Magazine list of the Top 10 Beatles songs...

I agree. It’s hard to argue with the list if you run under the assumption that the list is limited to “popular” Beatles songs (ie: the hits). If I were to pick my all time favorite Beatles songs it would include stuff like “Across the Universe.” “And Your Bird Can Sing,” and “I’m Down.”

I was surprised to see “Come Together” on the Rolling Stone list, but it would definitely make my list. I think they picked “I Want To Hold Your Hand” to have representation of early Beatlemania. If that’s the criteria, there’s not a lot else you could pick, maybe “Help!” My list would drop “In My Life” for “All You Need is Love” and “I Want to Hold Your Hand” for “Drive My Car”