Thursday, April 11, 2013

Some pub from Shore Magazine

Pat Colander writes about our NW Indiana weekend in her Shore Magazine blog today...



"John Landecker Publishers Have a Brief Twinge of Guilt: Eckhartz Press' bosses Rick Kaempfer and David Stern had a moment to pause and reflect when John Landecker called in sick for a book-signing in Beverly Shores---which has already been re-scheduled for Bartlett's on Sunday, April 28th. John's promotional book tour has been relentless for a month. And last weekend on Saturday, Landecker appeared at Top Dog for a three-hour live broadcast. I'll let Rick pick up the story from here:“On Saturday morning I rounded up the boys (my two oldest sons…Tommy & Johnny and my co-publisher David Stern), and headed out to Top Dog in Michigan City Indiana...The host of the show was 'Uncle Lou' Weber, along with David Dabagia and Mike Dempsey, and we had a great time discussing the book.

The three-hour broadcast touched on many of the good stories in the book, but I think my favorite moment happened when John told the story of the John Travolta-Woodfield Mall mayhem. When he finished telling the story with the line 'I’ve never been to a Beatles concert, but I can only imagine that’s what it sounded like,' Uncle Lou casually mentioned that he had worked security for a Beatles concert in Chicago.

'I had to throw McCartney into a car to get him away from the screaming girls,' Lou said. 'And McCartney was upset because I broke a button on his coat. I said ‘If you don’t get into the car right now, I’ll break a lot more than that.' Maybe we should be doing an Uncle Lou book.”

Look for Landecker to be back on top April 28th and again May 10th at the Lubeznik Center in Michigan City.