Monday, May 20, 2013

A Party for John

Yesterday I threw a little party for John Landecker in my neck of the woods and some old friends came out to say hello. It was a fun little afternoon get-together. John brought his VCR (yes VCR), which he hooked up so we could all watch a video from inside the WJMK studios in 1996. He found an old tape of "Take Your Kids To Work Day", which featured his daughters Tracy & Amy, and my son Tommy who was merely an infant at the time.

He also screened some of his old home movies from the WLS days in the 1970s. It was a lot of fun.



(The ol' WJMK gang. Left to right: Rick Kaempfer, Leslie Keiling, Mark Gardner (the Legends), Dan Gardner (the Legends), John Landecker and Tom Sochowski)


(My sister's book club; they are all currently reading John's book)


(Another rare photo--what is it now, three total?--of John Landecker and me)