Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kevin Matthews

I knew when Jimmy de Castro and Larry Wert started working at WGN, this was just a matter of time.

Kevin Matthews is coming aboard the G. (Robert Feder has the details, as always)

I just saw Kevin a few months ago, and he was in good spirits. I've always said he has a one-of-a-kind mind. Not sure what's in there exactly, and I don't think anyone else ever will either, but it's definitely unique. Over the years he has asked me to become his producer a few times and I've always said no--not because I didn't respect his talent. I do. He's gifted. Only because I knew I could never think like him, and that's one of the things a producer has to learn to do in order to anticipate problems before they occur.

I'm rooting for Kev. He and I started on the Loop the exact same day, and I've always felt a kinship with him.