Friday, March 20, 2015

Ben Finfer back at ESPN

Last we heard from Ben Finfer he was finding out live on the air (from a Robert Feder tweet) that he was about to be fired. You probably remember the video--it went viral. Robert Feder has another scoop about Finfer today. He will be filling in at ESPN for a few days next week. It appears that he may get more time on the air there soon. I'm sure Feder got a kick out of scooping Finfer again. I found out by seeing it on Finfer's facebook page: "I was going to announce this later today, but naturally Feder beat me to it."

Finfer is a smart guy, a good broadcaster, and is highly regarded by his former colleagues. I'm hoping this part-time gig leads to something a little more permanent. (I interviewed Ben for Chicago Radio Spotlight about five years ago. That interview is here.)