Friday, February 05, 2016

Sir Van Morrison

This has to be a strange feeling for these old rockers. They spend their whole lives as rebels...and then they get a call from Buckingham Palace. You, sir, are now a knight.

Van Morrison was so honored yesterday. From the BBC...
The 70-year-old said he had a brief chat with Prince Charles as he received his award and was asked about his future plans.

"He was just saying, was I still writing? And he said: 'You're not going to retire any time soon?' And I said: 'No, I'm not, I'm going to keep it going while I can'."

Asked if fans could still call him Van The Man now that he has a knighthood, the singer laughed and said "Well, take your pick".

Morrison grew up in Belfast, where his father, a shipyard worker, was said to have had one of the best record collections in the city.

I will never tire of listening to Morrison's incredible vocals...