Monday, April 25, 2016

The Ron Magers Ad Controversy

Don't know if you caught this little story about Ron Magers that exploded over the weekend. The timeline, as far as I can tell is this...

1) Ron Magers appears on Tony Lossano's podcast (Lossano and Friends), and says something nice about the WGN-TV Morning News when asked about it.

2) WGN runs an ad in the Tribune, displaying that quote.

3) Ron Magers gets very upset about them using his words without asking for permission...something he says he wouldn't have granted.

And now everybody is mad at each other.

The whole thing is a bummer for me, because I'm going to be appearing on this coming weekend's Lossano and Friends (true story), and I have no news to break.

Actually...wait a minute. I do have some news to break. It's the reason I'm appearing on the show.

I guess you'll have to tune in to find out what it is.