Monday, November 21, 2016

A $112 Million Truffle

A white truffle (one giant truffle) was sold at auction in Philadelphia this weekend for $112 million. You can check it out here.




The whole Truffle-world is really fascinating. I went on a Truffle hunt when I was in Italy in 2011.

That's a picture of me (left) with famed truffle dog Cicca. Good dog. Good girl. She is considered the best in Italy. Her trainer actually took us out and demonstrated her skills. Very impressive.

After the hunt we had a meal with fresh truffles. I guess I don't quite have the palate to properly appreciate them.

Tasted a bit earthy to me.




Truffles, of course, are also the subject of a great novel we released last year. It's called, appropriately enough, "Truffle Hunt". Author Brent Petersen did a tremendous job of making the whole Truffle world come alive. I highly recommend it.

Check it out here.