Friday, May 26, 2017

Ranking Sgt. Pepper's Songs


Sgt. Pepper turns 50 on June 1st, and Newsweek has ranked the tracks in order of best to worst.,

You can never please everyone with rankings like this, but I strongly disagree with their list, except for the top 3 ("A Day in the Life", "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and "Sgt Pepper") and the last two ("Mr. Kite", "Within Without You")


The rest of Newsweek's rankings are as follows...
4. She's Leaving Home
5. With a Litte Help From My Friends
6. Getting Better
7. Lovely Rita
8. When I'm 64
9. Fixing a Hole
10. Good Morning
11. Sgt. Pepper Reprise

I personally like the Reprise as much as the first Sgt. Pepper, but I get the difficulty of where to place it with the rankings, so let's just leave that one out. Here are the rest of the rankings as far as I'm concerned...

4. Getting Better
5. Lovely Rita
6. Fixing a Hole
7. With a Little Help From My Friends
8. Good Morning
9. She's Leaving Home
10. When I'm 64

That last one is getting a little too close for comfort.