Thursday, May 04, 2017

Ring Lardner

I'm shutting down the blogging office today to attend these two events. Come join me if you're in the area...

Chicago Literary Hall of Fame founder Don Evans is bringing in former Sun-Times writer Ron Rapoport. Why Ron? Because he will be there to induct the immortal Ring Lardner into the Chicago Literary Hall of Fame. Ron wrote a book about Ring (The Lost Journalism of Ring Lardner)

There are really two events. The first one is a luncheon at Cliff Dwellers (my favorite spot). Starts at noon, ends about 1:30 or 2 p.m. The price for the luncheon and program is $30. Reservations are required, and can be made by emailing reservations@cliff-chicago.org, or calling 312.922.8080. Click here for more information.

Later this evening is the actual induction ceremony. That begins around 5pm, and it's free. This one is at the Newberry Library. Click here for more information.

I'll be there, so I hope to see you there too.