Thursday, August 10, 2017

Bruce on Broadway

I would LOVE to see this show. The RAMP Newsletter reports on it this morning...

Bruce Springsteen is indeed coming to Broadway this fall for an eight-week residency. In a complete 180 from his massive stadium gigs, these insanely intimate shows will be staged at The Walter Kerr Theater on West 48th Street, a venue that holds less than 1,000 people. "My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music," Springsteen said. "Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung. It loosely follows the arc of my life and my work."

In addition to his music, Springsteen will also be reading excerpts from his 2016 autobiography, Born to Run, and performing other spoken reminiscences written for the show. In a statement, Springsteen said, "I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theater is probably the smallest venue I've played in the last 40 years."

Springsteen on Broadway will run five nights a week, Tuesday to Saturday. The official opening is set for Oct. 12, and the run is planned through Nov. 26. Preview performances begin on Oct. 3. Ticket registration for Springsteen on Broadway is now underway and will close on Aug. 27. Lucky fans will be notified on Aug. 29, and the tickets, priced from $75 to $850, will go on sale the next day.