Friday, November 10, 2017

An evening at the Red Lion with Bobby Skafish

What a fun night at the Red Lion last night. The bar has undergone a MAJOR renovation since the last time I had been there, and it's beautiful place. I had a chance to chat with the owner Colin, and he told me some great stories about the place, including the fact that it's haunted. (It's part of all the haunted house tours)

There's also a cool back story about Colin's family. His father was one of the guys that the movie "The Great Escape" was based on (he was one of the forgers). Another of the prisoners in that camp was Chicago's very own Ray Rayner. I had never heard that about Ray, so I researched it when I got home, and sure enough--it's true. Amazing.

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who came out. Bobby will have one more signing in December. We'll get you the details as the date approaches.