Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Yes, that's crossing the line

It's no secret that I'm an opponent of FCC Chairman Pai. I still can't believe he got rid of Net Neutrality, and it still makes me mad. But not this mad. From Tom Taylor's NOW column...

A California man is arrested for threatening the family of FCC Chair Ajit Pai. Markara Man was “angry” about Pai leading the charge to roll back the agency’s 2015 Net Neutrality policy, and (says Politico), has since written an apology to Pai. He said “I’m sorry I made a threat against your kids. That was crossing the line.” Then he added “I hope you’ll change your mind [about the rollback]…but I doubt it.” Markara Man sent three emails to Pai on December 20, to both his FCC and personal accounts. He listed the names and addresses of three pre-school facilities around Arlington, VA and (chillingly) wrote “I will find your children and I will kill them.” He’s been charged with threatening to murder the immediate family of a federal official. Passions have risen high about Net Neutrality, including a demonstration at December FCC Open Meeting that interrupted the proceedings. There were also demonstrations outside the Commission offices in Southwest D.C.