Thursday, April 25, 2019

Tweet-a-holics

I tweet about once or twice a day to promote my writing or publishing projects. I just looked this morning and I've tweeted 5033 times. I've been on Twitter about ten years. If you do the math, that's about 500 tweets a year. Or about 1.3 times a day.

Sounds like a lot to me, but it's not even in the ballpark to be considered a heavy Twitter user.

According to this piece, 80% of tweets are done by 10% of Twitters users. The president, for instance, has tweeted 41,000 times and has been on Twitter about as long as I have. Former sportscaster (and radio talk show host) Bruce Wolf has tweeted 72,000 times. Local Chicago journalist Robert Loerzel (who is a great follow by the way) has tweeted 372,000 times.

Just explaining why your Twitter feed may be dominated by a few people. If it's dominated by me, you don't follow any heavy Twitter users.