Friday, August 23, 2019

US-99 Morning Show

From this morning's RAMP Newsletter...

Stand by for the official quote-filled press release, but RAMP has learned that Scotty Kay has joined the recently launched morning show on Entercom Country WUSN (US99)/Chicago. In late June we reported that Kay had resigned as co-host of Scotty K & Bret Mega Mornings on Cumulus Top 40 KLIF-FM (Hot 93.3)/Dallas and announced he was relocating back to Chicago to once again be a fulltime dad to his son, Chance.

"I'm not sure my heart could be any more full," Kay posted. "Three weeks ago I took a risk for happiness. I quit my job to be closer to my son and bring my family together. Now, because of [US99 PD] Kenny Jay, [VP of Programming] Todd Cavanah and everyone at Entercom Communications, I get the chance to do what I love, in the city that I love, with the people that I love. I'm beyond excited to get back into Country radio. I get to join the incredibly talented Jason Pullman, Katie Bright Christenson and Erin Creedon to bring really special radio to Chicago, on the legendary US99, Chicago's Hottest Country. Call me a crazy, but this all seems too perfect!" Kay added, "Surround yourself with good people, and good things happen. Get ready for some really, really good things! Now someone please get my Florida girl fiancé Shelby a really warm coat!"