Friday, April 24, 2020

Legally Liable?

I posed a legal question on twitter the other day asking if the president might be legally liable if someone died taking a treatment like this (the malaria drug he was pushing, or yesterday's suggestion--injected disinfectant). The reaction I got from Trumpers was essentially "Shut up dumbass" or "You can't really be that stupid can you?" and "Are you even smart enough to put on a hat?"

I guess I am that stupid, because I don't understand why he wouldn't be liable. This would kill you if you did what he suggested. He's not some schmo on a street corner. He's the president of the United States at an official coronavirus briefing.



And here's what happened to the malaria drug...



Why wouldn't he be liable for this? He flat out said "I think you should take it. What do you have to lose?"