Monday, April 27, 2020

Winds of Change

Try to wrap your head around this one. From Deadline...

Did the CIA write Scorpions’ hit song Wind of Change? This is the wild story of Spotify’s latest original podcast documentary series.

The audio platform has teamed up with New Yorker investigative journalist Patrick Radden Keefe, Pod Save America producer Crooked Media and Missing Richard Simmons producer Pineapple Street Studios for Wind of Change.

The eight-part series, which debuts May 11, follows Keefe as he explores a rumor he heard from a source within the CIA: The CIA was behind the 1990 international hit. He will look at spies doing the unthinkable, a secret history of propaganda hidden in pop music, and a maze of government secrets as he attempts to untangle one of the great mysteries of the Cold War.

I played this song a million times when i was on the Loop. We pushed it hard. Don't think we were part of the conspiracy, but I must admit, this song never spoke to me. And I'm German. And I was blown away by the Berlin Wall coming down. And I love the Scorps. This song just isn't that good.