Tuesday, August 25, 2020

5-star reviews for two new Eckhartz Press books

 


Righteous Might by Keith Conrad is available here at Eckhartz Press, and the kindle version is available at amazon. Here is what readers are saying about it…

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Jaunt Into Alternate History

A little bit of Final Countdown meets Philadelphia Experiment, this one was absolutely flooring, cover-to-cover. Character development was awesome, though I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing them in further works, along with how they end up affecting the world after these events. Absolutely loved the battle portions–the detail reminded me of watching the likes of Midway play out; extraordinarily real and I absolutely loved the MacGuyver-like technical improvisation by the characters. Overall, a wonderful read and will definitely pick it up again one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars engrossing

I have to admit i did notice an homage to the Final Countdown and the Philadelphia experiment. The characters were well written and i have to admit i did enjoy the combination of forces. I do hope for a sequel even one more based on the technological side and not the fighting..

5.0 out of 5 stars Time travel with air battles… What more is needed?

This Sci-fi novel has time travel and air and naval battles with realistic physics regarding the differences between flight capabilities in the 1940s versus today. It’s a fun mystery read as the crews of the various ships try to figure out what happened during the DARPA test. It takes turns that seem to be changing the past while respecting and referencing the original course of history. I’m really hoping for a sequel.

“The Unplanned Life” by Roger Badesch is available right here at Eckhartz Press and the kindle version is available at amazon. Here’s what readers are saying about it…

5.0 out of 5 stars We all have unplanned personal journeys

I first met Roger in the late 1990s. We were part of a group of educators that met each April in Las Vegas at the Broadcast Educators Associaton annual convention. Roger and I were part of the Two-Year/Small College interest division. It was nice to see him every year for the next ten years or so.

I can say I know Roger but I really didn’t get to know Roger until I read his book, “The Unplanned Life.” WOW. As I read I didn’t realize how much Roger and I had in common. We both found an interest in broadcasting early in our academic years. Neither of us planned to become teachers of our craft, but we did.

I wish the miles between Chicago and eastern Idaho were closer. I would love to spend more face to face time with Roger.

Do yourself a big favor and read Roger’s book. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry. Most of all, it will inspire you to become a better person whatever your life plans may be or whatever life throws at you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unplanned: a radio person’s story

I got the print edition. Mr. Badesch does an excellent job of describing his life to this point. He can tell as story with the best of them. Well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roger’s entertaining memoir includes his work with icons of Chicago broadcasting and politics.

I worked with Roger at WKQX shortly after it’s transformation into one of Chicago’s first full-service FMs. He was City Hall correspondent and after stellar work as a reporter there, he was tapped to work for two legendary mayors. His recounting of the twists and turns of his careers in journalism, education and promotion make for a fascinating personal history, while also illuminating interesting incidents in Chicago city history along the way.