Monday, May 24, 2021

80 Things About Bob Dylan

 Today is Dylan's 80th birthday, and the BBC has a great article with 80 things you might not know about the man. For instance...

Dylan had a period of Christian revelation in the late 1970s, following his divorce, after a fan threw a small silver cross on stage. He got baptised and released several albums containing contemporary gospel songs like Gotta Serve Somebody.

Speaking about his faith in 1997, however, the musician told Newsweek: "I find the religiosity and philosophy in the music, I don't find it anywhere else. I don't adhere to rabbis, preachers, evangelists all of that, I've learned more from the songs than I have from any of this entity."


For what it's worth, I think this is one of his greatest songs, and not because it's religious in nature. I just think it has a great message...