Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Suburban Man Reaction

Thanks for all of your comments and observations. Some were so good, I just had to share. I use only a first initial to preserve your identities and encourage further comments in the future.


"That is too funny, the only thing that might have saved you at that moment would be to grab your chest and fake a heart attack. At our age, it's easier for teens to believe that then actually think they see us rocking out to an old classic."
--T


"Avid car radio backup singing is an art, even when you don't do it well. I admit that I don't. I swear that I caused the small crack in my windshield from belting out something fairly dissonant, but that's just the price you pay for enjoying the moment. C'est la vie. Keep rockin', bloggin' and livin' life to its fullest, Rick!"
--P


"I have the perfect solution to your dilemma...do what I did to our 4runner that serves as our kiddie transport (I am home with the kids and have been for over 6 years..talk about stereotypes..). Spend about 2-3k on a stereo so not only the musical stylings of Spongebob and the Cookie Monster can be anjoyed at high db but also Led Zep and Iggy Pop. The teenagers may not like the music but they will appecriate the volume. Plus, the car will be the most popular mini van with those that do have musical taste."
--D


"Very funny stuff! A few more examples of "you know you're Suburban Man when"
**You're enjoying that new song on the radio only to hear the announcer thanking you for listening to Saturday morning flashback
**You've only heard about half of the artists that received this years MTV music awards and don't know a single song mentioned
**The clothes at Sears don't really look that bad
**There's a problem with mowing the lawn at 8:00am on Saturday morning?
**New Year's Eve was pretty cool this year because you've never seen Times Square ball drop on high definition TV previously.
(I wish I were making this up)"
--W


"So far, I'm laughing out loud. Didn't realize you were a stay at home dad. Love it!! You're brave."
--N


Rick's Reply: Actually "brave" isn't the way I would describe it. More like "completely unqualified." As you'll learn if you check out next week's Suburban Man.