Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Musings


Every Monday stop by for jokes, links to stories you might have missed, amusing photos and video, and more. Contributions and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Click on the "Email Me" link on the right to contribute.



Joke of the Week:

It is hard to find a joke today without a dirty word or two in it, but, here is one:

Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, 'Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?'

The birch says he cannot tell.

Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling. The birch says, 'Woodpecker, you are a tree expert.. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?'

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, 'It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever put my pecker in.'



Stories you might have missed


1. The E-Street Lego Band

(Like you've never seen them before...)

2. Don't lie to David Letterman
(And it wasn't even McCain's biggest mistake of the week.)

3. Man charged with battery for farting at cop
(Word is that he ate several hard boiled eggs earlier that day)


4. Lindsay Lohan admits: I've been dating Sam a long time

(Whenever I hear a woman has become gay, I think, yup--I can see that. I'd be gay too.)

5. Clay Aiken admits he is gay
(I haven't been this shocked since Liberace's lover outed him.)



Video of the week: Contributed by "R"







Photo of the week: Get your shirt for the playoffs here.