Thursday, April 09, 2009

Wow, Billy Bob is a jag!

People say to me: "Rick, that must have been great to meet all those celebrities when you worked in radio!" Well, yes and no. Most of them were very nice. Others were not...and that's being kind. For me, a few examples of people that weren't nice to me were Joan Collins, Harrison Ford, and Larry King (off the top of my head). There are many others, but those three in particular had a "I'm too good for you" vibe that made my skin crawl.

For this poor guy in the video below, it was Billy Bob Thornton. Consider this: Billy Bob is getting free publicity for his group, and he's still being a complete jerk. Imagine what he's like to people when he's not trying to put on a good face.

Watch the video and you'll see what I mean. I don't know the interviewer, but I have to give him credit. He handled this incredibly professionally. I found myself screaming at the video when I watched it, having flashbacks to my own career, when I wanted to grab an interview subject by the shirt, shake 'em, and say: "HEY PAL,I'M JUST DOING MY JOB HERE! GET OVER YOURSELF YOU NARCISSISTIC JAG!"